- Don’t let down in your class work. Finish strong, improve your GPA and test scores. Re-take SAT and ACT, if necessary.
- Review and update academic plan for the school year (with family and counselor)
- Get an official copy of your school transcript – check it for accuracy.
- Review grades and goals with family, coach and club college liaison.
- See as many of the college teams you are interested in play and meet the coaches.
- Narrow your college list down to 8-10
- Start applying to these schools now.
- Finalize essays and letters of recommendation
- Review the application essay with parents and teachers
- Send for financial aid forms from your top choices.
- Send updated information packets to these coaches.
- Continue attending college showcase tournaments with your club team.
- Make official recruiting visits to your top 3-5 choices.
- Re-take ACT or SAT (if necessary)
- Send mid-year and final transcripts to the clearinghouse
- Follow-up on all letters written to college coaches
- Pick the school with the best combination of education, financial aid, soccer program, size, and location.
If you have any questions or need personal assistance, please contact Leslie Pierce, GC College Soccer Liason at firstname.lastname@example.org